to the Ripley County Retired Teachers Association website. We are an organized
group of retired teachers who have taught in the
The purpose of the association is...
(1) to promote the welfare of retired teachers through support of legislation concerning teachers’ pensions and retirement benefits.
(2) to encourage and perpetuate education.
(3) to provide community leadership, service, and guidance.
(4) to assist active teachers with retirement information.
(5) to keep the local membership current on COLA information and IRTA benefits and services.
the year the Ripley County Retired Teachers volunteer and give to many school
and community causes. Our main charities
are the local food pantries, assistance with the Lions’ Club school vision
screening program, and financial assistance to the school nurses for
supplies. Other school volunteer services
which members are involved are Think Smart, Stay Safe, assisting with remedial
reading programs, and reading during Library Week and Read Across
America Day. In addition, the
Association has partnered with
The Ripley County Retired Teachers Association is proud of the volunteer services that they offer. Without their services many school and community programs simply would not be. Additional volunteers for these services are always needed, welcomed, and appreciated. These are worthwhile opportunities for retirees and a way to continue keeping in touch with former colleagues.